Thursday, December 21, 2006

Trust

We all struggle with it, we all suffer from a lack of it, and we all pray for more of it.

Trust.

It's so much more than security, confidence, the future, or even money. It's faith.

It really bothers me how much I struggle with it. Sometimes I have to sit and wonder, "If only I had more trust..." how much easier would life be. It seems so simple, and I really believe it could be the solution to everything. God's given and done more than enough to establish a foundation for this trust, so where's my end of the bargain.

Some days it's there, visible, and prominent. A trust that God's going to put the right people in my path. A trust that God's going to give me the strength to overcome the smallest and the biggest of obstacles. A trust that His plan and methods are so much bigger than mine.

More often than not, though, it's not there, and look what the result is. The result is discouragement, anxiety, stress, and pessimism. This lack of faith brings down a good day, takes away from friendships, and my feeling of intimacy with God.

I hate it.

God,
You've got big plans, leading to great stories, and help me trust that You'll lead me in my small role in that. Help me have faith, and TRUST that You never give me more than I can handle, let alone give me less than I need. I want to love You, trust You, and follow You. Provide for me in every way, as You always do, and help me see You. Give me strength, for faith.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Ps. 51:3
A humble heart that knows that it needs God completely is a heart that God never turns away from. Keep the eyes of your heart fixed on your Saviour, Darren.

matt said...

Interesting that pessimism can itself sabatoge good things from happenning, which makes us more pessimistic. We shoot ourselves in the foot, and convince ourselves that it couldn't be helped. I'm with you Darren, we (I) can be pretty dumb about trust, and not worrying.
Matt

matt said...

Interesting that our pessimism can sabotoge good things from happening, and then we get more pessimistic. We shoot ourselves in the foot, and then convince ourselves that it couldn't be helped. I know what your talking about though Darren, worry is hard to avoid. Just try to fake that you aren't trusting =)(just kidding).

 

zinc poisoning