Monday, July 31, 2006

We just have to open our eyes...

It's an intriguing mindset I'm in right now...

Sometimes I'm pretty overwhelmed. I feel overwhelmed from the busyness of camps, working with our team with anywhere from 35 to 67 kids. Kids that have an endless amount of energy, that need to be led by coaches that at least can pretend to have the same endless recources of energy, and are just looking to be loved. Kids that look up to us with so much respect, without knowing anything more than the simple fact that I'm the guy with the whistle who plays soccer.

Sometimes I'm relaxed, spending a few quiet hours in a billet's home, either napping, talking, or swapping life stories. I'm humbled by the genuine interest and love these people continue to have. They don't settle for providing a bed and many fantastic meals. Being able to return to so many of the great billets from last year has been an amazing opportunity to be in the middle of such a loving community.

Sometimes I'm anxious. A good kind of anxious. I'm anxious to see the next day, and witness from the sidelines as God shows Himself. Whether it's as an answer to prayer for a change in some kid's heart, or in energy for our team, He is so faithful and provides all we need. Sometimes He shows up in the coolest ways, like holding off the rain until 3:01pm, exactly one minute after we pray to end the day and thank Him for keeping the rain away so we could stay outside and finish the day.

Sometimes I'm lonely. Lonely in my spiritual journey, feeling pretty disconnected from everyone around me. But then, I'm comforted, because I know I'm loved for who I am, and the relationship I can have with Christ is personal, unique, and specific.

More than sometimes, I'm exhausted. It's a ride, every day, of leading, yelling, singing, running, praying, sharing, and encouraging. Just this past weekend I slept for 12 hours straight, and could have done it again the next night, just to recharge for the next week.

Praise God! Praise Him for the range of emotions He enables us to experience and go through. How boring would life be if every day was the exact same routine, with nothing new to challenge us, nothing new to demonstrate just how big God is, and nothing new to drive us toward Him, not only to make us recognize our dependence on Him, but to simply get on our knees and worship.

It's only when I take time to sit down, journal, pray, and reflect do I realize how big, how loving, how all-encompassing He really is. I think we all take it for granted, and are so quick to go through the motions and write off the emotions we feel and 'coincidences' we witness.

I think the only way God is anonymous is if we choose to be ignorant and oblivious to how intimate He is in our lives. In reality, He isn't anonymous, we just make Him anonymous in our daily perception of what goes on.

I'm embarrassed and humbled, but He is so faithful...

Camps has been a great opportunity to see God work, and I could sit down and tell stories for days of who and how He has worked through these church camps. I only hope and pray that we all carry this mindset of open minds and open hearts every day, forever....

Thank you, Jesus, for being so real...

No comments:

 

zinc poisoning